ITIL® 4 Specialist - High Velocity IT Course & Examination
The ITIL Specialist – High Velocity IT (HIT) course is one of five courses required to achieve ITIL 4’s Managing Professional (MP) designation. This course leads to the ITIL 4 High Velocity IT certification and the ITIL 4 Foundation certification is a pre-requisite to attend this class.
This module explores the ways in which digital organisations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments. It will help aspiring organisations, to operate in a similar way to successful digitally-native organisations. This module includes the use of working practices such as Agile and Lean, and technical practices and technologies such as Cloud, Automation, and Automatic Testing, focusing on rapid delivery of products & services to obtain maximum value.
As organisations use information and related technologies to do business differently, the ability to rapidly launch new products and services to keep up with the competition becomes critical. To compete in this high–velocity environment, organisations must greatly intensify their agility, speed, cost–effectiveness, and responsiveness.
This course encompasses the ways in which organisations and digital operating models function in high–velocity environments, with a focus on the quick delivery of products and services to gain maximum business value.
This qualification will provide IT practitioners with an understanding of working practices like Agile and Lean, and technical practices and technologies such as cloud, automation, and automatic testing.
The HIT course focuses on these key ITIL 4 practices:
- Architecture management
- Business analysis
- Deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Software development and management
- Availability management
- Capacity and performance management
- Infrastructure and platform management monitoring and event management
- Problem management
- Service continuity management
- Relationship management
- Service design
- Service desk
- Information security management
- Risk management
- Understand the concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demands it places on IT:
- Learn when the transformation to high-velocity IT is desirable and feasible
- Understand the digital product life cycle in terms of the ITIL ”operating model“
- Understand the importance of the ITIL guiding principles and the other fundamental concepts for delivering high-velocity IT
- Discover how to contribute to achieving value with digital products
- Learn how the service provider ensures valuable investments are achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures fast deployment is achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures resilient operations are achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures co-created value is achieve
- Learn how the service provider ensures assured conformance is achieved
Who should attend
This course is aimed at individuals in management and service management roles who have a responsibility for the above noted practices as well as individuals who want to acquire the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation.
Roles may include:
- Customer/User Experience (CX) Managers/Designers
- Account Managers
- Service Delivery Managers
- Service Level Managers
- Enterprise/Service and Solution Architects
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Supplier Relationship Managers
- Vendor Managers
- Contract Managers
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course, click here.
Exam & Certification
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL 4 Specialist - High Velocity IT Certificate. A 90-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is administered by an independent examination body, PeopleCert. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
The exam is provided as an online examination voucher, upon completing your course you will receive an email from PeopleCert with information on how to register and schedule your exam. The examination is 90 minutes, please allow for an additional 30 minutes for set up and authentication. You will require a photo identification, quiet space, webcam, speakers and a reliable internet connection.
The exam schedule is available 24/7 so you can sit your exam at a time that suits you. Your voucher will be valid for 12 months, we do recommend you complete your examination as close to the course date as you can – this is when the information is fresh and relevant.
Course Material & Inclusions
This course comes with access to our e-materials. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks/slideshow for students to download, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Official AXELOS ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Comprehensive study guide to assist with exam preparation
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day (valued at $75), this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
ITIL 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT online exam voucher plus a complimentary exam re-sit is included if you miss out on passing your examination the first time. (exam re-sit included for our virtual instructor-led classes only)
The official ITIL 4 publication available from AXELOS is included as an eBook and provided as a voucher for the candidate to download from PeopleCert on the first day of the course.
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon completion of your course.
SFIA Skills & Industry Accreditation
After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDU's through PMI. A certificate of attendance is available upon request.
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- METL: Methods and tools
- RLMT: Stakeholder Relationship Management
- ITMG: Technology Service Management
- SEAC: Service Acceptance
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
An amazing instructor who explained the content very clearly and at a very good pace. This was a good balance and approach to learning in a three day intensive period. I found the worked examples very practical and very relatable to the Defence industry sector I work in.
Really good facilitation, kept me interested and shared so many practical applications.
Gave me a better understanding of concepts, theories and tools to formalise and improve my current relationship management.
The instructor was very professional and was able to explain each area thoroughly and is available for Q&A.