Our ITIL 4 Specialist; Drive Stakeholder Value e-learning course includes instructor-led video content, reading materials and downloadable resources. These materials are designed to give you the confidence to pass your examination and provide you with a great understanding of this ITIL 4 module.
Candidates have access to their online course portal for 6-months. An internet connection is required to access the portal.
Our course will prepare you for the examination leading to the ITIL 4 Specialist; Drive Stakeholder Value Certificate and includes:
- PeopleCert ITIL 4 DSV online exam voucher
- Take2 exam re-sit (activated upon a 'failed' 1st attempt)
- Official AXELOS publication available as an eBook
The ITIL 4 Foundation certification is the pre-requisite and must be achieved prior to starting this course. ITSM Hub will request a copy of your certificate upon purchase.
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to gain a firm grasp of the various types of interactions between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers, and partners.
This module covers all types of engagement and interaction between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners. It focuses on the conversion of demand into value via IT enabled services. The module covers key topics such as SLA design, multi-supplier management, communication, relationship management, CX and UX design, customer journey mapping, and more. It will provide tools to increase stakeholder satisfaction which is integral to business success in the competitive landscape.
The core concept behind DSV is to provide an understanding of how to convert demand into value through IT-enabled services. The course covers key topics like service level-agreement design, multi-supplier management, relationship management, customer and user experience design, customer journey mapping, and more. Individuals can expect to walk away with the tools required to drive user engagement and boost internal and external stakeholder satisfaction.
The DSV course focuses on these key ITIL 4 practices:
- Relationship management
- Portfolio management
- Service request management
- Supplier management
- Business analysis
- Service level management
- Service catalogue management
- Service Desk
- Business relationship management
- Understand how customer journeys are designed:
- Learn the ways to design and improve customer journeys
- Understand how to target markets and stakeholders:
- Learn the characteristics of markets
- Learn marketing activities and techniques
- Learn how to describe customer needs as well as internal and external factors that affect these
- Learn how to identify service providers and explain their value propositions
- Understand how to foster stakeholder relationships:
- Learn how to analyse customer needs
- Learn about and how to use communication and collaboration activities and techniques
- Understand how to align expectations and agree upon details of service:
- Learn how to plan for value creation
- Learn how to negotiate and agree service utility, warranty, and experience
- Understand how to onboard and off-board customers and users:
- Learn different approaches to mutually elevate customer, user, and service provider capabilities
- Learn how to prepare onboarding and off-boarding plans
- Learn how to develop user engagement and delivery channels
- Understand how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption/provisioning):
- Learn how users can request services
- Learn the methods for encouraging and managing customer and user feedback
- Learn how to foster a service mindset (attitude, behaviour, and culture)
- Understand how to realise and validate service value:
- Learn methods for measuring service usage and customer and user experience and satisfaction
- Learn the different types of reporting of service outcome and performance
Who should attend
This course is aimed at individuals in management and service management roles who have a responsibility for the above noted practices as well as individuals who want to acquire the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation.
- Software Engineer/Developer
- Systems Engineer
- Service Delivery Manager
- DevOps Manager/Specialist
- Solution Architect
- Infrastructure Engineer
- IT Service Management Professional
- Release and Deployment Manager
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course, click here.
Exam & Certification
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value Certificate. A 90-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is administered by an independent examination body, PeopleCert. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
The exam is provided as an online examination voucher, upon completing your course you will receive an email from PeopleCert with information on how to register and schedule your exam. The examination is 90 minutes, please allow for an additional 30 minutes for set up and authentication. You will require a photo identification, quiet space, webcam, speakers and a reliable internet connection.
The exam schedule is available 24/7 so you can sit your exam at a time that suits you. Your voucher will be valid for 12 months, we do recommend you complete your examination as close to the course date as you can – this is when the information is fresh and relevant.
Course Material & Inclusions
Access to your own online learning portal for 6-months to work through the course materials and prepare for the examination. The course is delivered via downloadable resources, exams and instructor videos. Instructor assistance is available via email.
ITIL Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value exam plus a complimentary exam re-sit is included if you miss out on passing your examination the first time.
The official ITIL 4 publication available from AXELOS is included as an eBook and provided as a voucher for the candidate to download from PeopleCert on the first day of the course.
SFIA Skills & Industry Accreditation
After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDU's through PMI. A certificate of attendance is available upon request. This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- RLMT: Stakeholder Relationship Management
- SLMO: Service Level Management
- BENM: Benefits Management
- URCH: User Research
- ITMG: Technology Service Management
- SUPP: Supplier Management
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
An amazing instructor who explained the content very clearly and at a very good pace. This was a good balance and approach to learning in a three day intensive period. I found the worked examples very practical and very relatable to the Defence industry sector I work in.
Really good facilitation, kept me interested and shared so many practical applications.
Gave me a better understanding of concepts, theories and tools to formalise and improve my current relationship management.
The instructor was very professional and was able to explain each area thoroughly and is available for Q&A.