This workshop will provide attendees with a practical, structured approach to applying Major Incident practices appropriately, with a focus on the role of the Major Incident Manager in exercising leadership during the situation. The workshop is aligned to best practice frameworks.
Our workshop can be customised for your team and utilise examples for your organisation. This can be delivered onsite at your premises or in our virtual classroom.
The workshop builds upon the best practice guidance for what you should do during Incident Management to establish that a Major Incident has occurred with discussion, guidance and walkthroughs on the subsequent steps to ensure that Major Incidents are resolved with the least business impact possible.
Proposed Workshop Content
The following subject areas are proposed and are a guide. The workshop content can be customised and relevant BSP examples can be used throughout the session.
- Brief validation of understanding of key concepts:
- Major Incident
- Major Problem Review
- Walkthrough of current Major Incident process:
- As-defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Brief analysis of sequencing as documented, using simplified Value Stream Mapping
- Being a Major Incident Manager:
- Engagement of key stakeholders
- Leadership of the team
- Status monitoring and escalation
- Provision of communications and updates
- Management of the activities
- Assuring the audit trail
- Evaluation of Example Major Incident for lessons learned/comparison
- Assignment of responsibilities for addressing any gaps/issues identified
- Continual improvement efforts for design and transition can be identified, thereby positively impacting future changes and services
Who Should Attend
Any individual charged with reducing and eliminating incidents and problems in the IT infrastructure
There are no pre-requisites for this workshop, however it is recommended that the participant be familiar with general incident concepts as defined by IT Service Management.
Exam & Certification
There is no official examination for this workshop. Candidates will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
Course Materials & Inclusions
Material for this course will be provided e-materials only, candidates can choose to print these if they would like. These materials are made available to students 1 week prior to attending the course.
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day, this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
A certificate of attendance will be provided via email upon completion of your course.
An amazing instructor who explained the content very clearly and at a very good pace. This was a good balance and approach to learning in a three day intensive period. I found the worked examples very practical and very relatable to the Defence industry sector I work in.
Really good facilitation, kept me interested and shared so many practical applications.
Gave me a better understanding of concepts, theories and tools to formalise and improve my current relationship management.
The instructor was very professional and was able to explain each area thoroughly and is available for Q&A.