This 4-day Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM®) certification course is from BRM Institute and accredited by APMG International. This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Certified Business Relationship Manager Certification.
The CBRM® Practitioner Qualification is intended for the intermediate-to-advanced Business Relationship Manager, as it focuses on advancing to the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager. As such, the primary focus is on strategic business relationship management, leveraged to optimise business value to the enterprise.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding and competence to perform the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager. The primary focus is on strategic business relationship management leveraged to optimise value to the enterprise. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply CBRM guidance in a given scenario situation.
The CBRM course covers the following;
BRMP course re-cap
- Explain the House of BRM, recalling the BRM Core Disciplines, competencies required for the BRM role, and necessary conditions for protecting the integrity of the role
- Recall the key BRM concepts, processes, and techniques
- Understand the Business Relationship Maturity Model and the Five Relationship Maturity Levels
Understanding Business Relationship Maturity and Value
- The Strategic BRM Role and Capability
- BRM Impact on Business Value
- Introduction to the ACME Leisurewear Case Scenario that is used through the course
Assessing BRM Context
- Clarifying Issues
- Conducting a Business Demand Maturity Assessment
- Conducting a Business Relationship Maturity Assessment
- Conducting a Provider Capability Maturity Assessment
- Shaping the Business Partner’s experience with the Provider
- The BRM role in Service Management
Developing Strategic Relationships
- How to assess Strategic Relationships and plan for their improvement.
- How to achieve business impact through influence and persuasion.
- How to plan and execute BRM formal communications.
- Organisational considerations for BRM deployment.
- How to determine appropriate BRM performance measurement.
Optimising Business Value
- Formulating and Clarifying Business Strategy
- Catalysing Business Innovation
- Business Capability Management
- Value Management Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Business Transition Planning
- Business Value Optimisation
Summary and CBRM Exam Preparation
- Course Summary
- CBRM Syllabus Review
- Format and structure of the CBRM® Practitioner Exam
- Exam hints and tips
- Sample Exam
The successful candidate will demonstrate deep understanding and ability to perform the Strategic BRM role. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role and how to optimally position that role for maximum effectiveness within the enterprise
- Understand how to use their personal power and influence to build business relationships and foster a culture that excels at business value results
- Apply the Strategic Relationship Management processes and techniques to build and sustain trust relationships spanning Business Partner and Provider networks
- Be able to assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity and how these might evolve over time
- Be able to assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies and identify key areas needing improvement
- Be able to apply cross-organisation communication techniques to clearly articulate real Provider/business value delivered to the organisation
- Be able to influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets based upon potential business value and convergence with business strategy
- Promote and catalyze business innovation in the Provider’s sphere of influence
- Be able to use the Business Value Management process, techniques and metrics to define, realise and optimise the value of Provider capabilities and assets
- Apply Business Partner Experience Management so as to foster a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities as an essential element of building and sustaining trust relationships
- Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value, with due consideration of external compliance requirements and potential risks to the business
- Understand the implications of Lean/Agile methods for the BRM role and capability
- Influence the development and deployment of available Provider capabilities based upon business need and potential to enable or create business value. Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Contribute to Business Transition Management in order to foster organisational understanding, support, adoption, and business value results of investments in new business capabilities
Who should attend
- Business Relationship Managers or those in similar roles
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Enterprise and Service Architects
- External Service Providers
- Representatives of shared services organisations
- Anyone interested in maximizing business value
- Certified Business Relationship Manager® (CBRM®) is an intermediate-level Practitioner certification. While no prior/minimum professional experience is required to pursue the CBRM designation, to enrol in the CBRM course and sit on the corresponding certification exam, CBRM certification candidates must demonstrate (e.g. by submitting a copy of their official BRMP certificate) that they have earned BRMP®certification.
- CBRM certification candidates must agree to the CBRM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. Breaches to the CBRM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct may be considered as a valid cause for certification revocation
Exam & Certification
This course prepares participants for the exam leading to the Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM®) Certification granted by APMG International
- Exam is 2.5 hour; it consists of 4 questions worth 20 points each, giving a total of 80 points.
- You will receive an exam voucher for the web-based exam, to be scheduled after the course
- A passing mark of 50% is required to receive your certificate
- Upon passing your exam a digital badge will be awarded by APMG International
- The CBRM Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge can be used as a reference during the exam.
- Graduates of the course qualify for a designation, CBRM
Course Material & Inclusions
This course comes with access to our e-materials. Material for this course will be provided as downloadable soft-copy files that can be viewed on a variety of devices. Attendees may print a hard copy of the files in whatever format best meets their needs.
The official “CBRM Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge” is required for this course. This guide will be provided with the course materials.
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day (value of $100 for this 4-day course), this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM®) online exam voucher, this is issued from APMG International (global examination provider) on the first morning of the course. The schedule is available 24/7 so you can book and register for your exam at a time that suits. A webcam and internet connection is required.
A digital badge you can share with your network will be provided from APMG via email upon passing your certification exam.
SFIA Skills and Industry Accreditation
Graduates of this course and examination qualify for a designation, CBRM
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- RLMT: Relationship Management
- DEMM: Demand Management
- POMG: Portfolio Management
- BENM: Benefits Management
- CIPM: Change implementation planning and management
- INOV: Innovation
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
An amazing instructor who explained the content very clearly and at a very good pace. This was a good balance and approach to learning in a three day intensive period. I found the worked examples very practical and very relatable to the Defence industry sector I work in.
Really good facilitation, kept me interested and shared so many practical applications.
Gave me a better understanding of concepts, theories and tools to formalise and improve my current relationship management.
The instructor was very professional and was able to explain each area thoroughly and is available for Q&A.