This 3-day certification course, designed by Pink Elephant, provides a new and unique perspective of DevOps through the ‘Full Stack’ of culture, practices and automation.
DevOps is the convergence of existing IT best practices from ITSM, Lean, Agile, and Scrum into a development and operations approach that supports automation and continuous delivery. Described as more of a mindset than a framework, DevOps aims to blur the lines between the existing IT siloes to create a more collaborative relationship between Dev and Ops allowing organisations to create greater business value with more streamlined processes, faster deployments, and more successful releases.
What is the ‘Full Stack’ approach?
As a major game changer in IT, the DevOps revolution has brought about new practices in the Application Development and Systems Operations areas that can help your organisation deliver IT services better, faster and cheaper. This course identifies the three critical success factors that make up the ‘Full Stack’ approach, including:
- Changing culture
- Improving practices and processes
- Leveraging automation technologies
When you return to work, you will know how to be an effective, contributing member of a DevOps culture. Understanding how simply working more collaboratively amongst key teams and leveraging automation solutions will result in better business results for your customers.
Upon successful completion of DevOps Essentials, you will be able to articulate the benefits of implementing the Full Stack of DevOps culture, practices and automation at your organisation to enable improved quality, higher speed and a reduction in costs, by meeting a progressive set of expected outcomes.
- Describe what DevOps is, and what it isn’t
- Explain the approach of thinking about the critical success factors of DevOps as a ‘Full Stack’ of culture, practices and automation to determine what it means for your organisation
- Explain the need for DevOps as a solution to problems facing organisations today
- Summarise how the need for more value from IT drives the business towards DevOps
- Summarise the cultural, structural and technological barriers that IT faces when attempting to deliver services at the right quality, speed and cost and why challenges are faced when implementing DevOps in today’s organisations
- Explain the basic concept, principles and scope of DevOps, including ‘The Three Ways’ and accelerators such as Lean and Agile that supported the evolution and emergence of the movement
- Summarise the key cultural values, Service Management, Project Management and Software Development processes and technologies that enable DevOps
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms culture and better organises people to solve the cultural and structural challenges facing IT
- Explain the way that DevOps structures teams and people within an organisation in support of its culture, processes and technologies
- Describe how DevOps practices transform processes, utilising Lean, Agile and ITSM accelerators to solve the process design problems facing IT
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms and organises technology through automation and new tools to solve the technological problems facing IT
- Learn 15 very specific practices related to culture, processes and automation that are a must-have for effective delivery of DevOps
Who should attend
This essentials level course is designed for anyone in IT Service Management or Software Development seeking to understand how a DevOps approach can benefit their organisation.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Exam & Certification
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the DevOps Essentials certificate, granted by Professional Designations:
- Exam is 1 hour; multiple-choice; closed book
- You will receive an exam voucher for the web-based exam, to be scheduled after the course
- After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDU's through PMI. A certificate of attendance is available upon request.
Course Material & Inclusions
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day (valued at $75), this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
DevOps Essentials online exam voucher plus a complimentary DevOps Essentials exam re-sit if you miss out on passing your certification the first time.
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon passing your certification exam.
SFIA Skills and Industry Accreditation
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- METL: Methods and Tools
- DESN: System Design
- SWDN: Software Design
- TEST: Testing
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
An amazing instructor who explained the content very clearly and at a very good pace. This was a good balance and approach to learning in a three day intensive period. I found the worked examples very practical and very relatable to the Defence industry sector I work in.
Really good facilitation, kept me interested and shared so many practical applications.
Gave me a better understanding of concepts, theories and tools to formalise and improve my current relationship management.
The instructor was very professional and was able to explain each area thoroughly and is available for Q&A.