The integrated service management methodology brings together IT Service Management, Lean, Agile, DevOps and Organisational Change Management and is a distinctive and forward-thinking approach. This certification enables the validation of skills and knowledge integral to the best practice frameworks that work together to optimise customer value, accelerate speed to market and lower costs.
This 2-day course is held in our virtual classroom with our expert instructor, you can join the class and network with your peers from anywhere with an internet connection.
The integrated service management methodology brings together IT Service Management, Lean, Agile, DevOps, and Organisational Change Management and is a distinctive and forward-thinking approach that is not available from any other certification program in the industry. This certification enables the validation of skills and knowledge integral to the best practice frameworks that work together to optimise customer value, accelerate speed to market, remove waste, and lower costs.
IT organisations are constantly challenged to improve the way services are delivered in respect to quality, speed, and cost. In response to these ongoing pressures, organisations have long turned to ITSM frameworks to improve the quality and value of their service delivery capabilities.
In addition to ITSM practices, recent trends and market pressures have introduced additional models, methods, and concepts designed to further accelerate traditional IT management practices such as project management, software development, and service delivery. However, many organisations find that these practices are leveraged in isolation by different teams. This leads to competition for resources – creating conflict and distracting management's focus, rather than collaborating and gaining the benefit of integration.
The course promotes the view that an 'integrated' approach to managing these practices is needed (and explains exactly how), and that it is not a matter of “which one do we choose?”
By the end of this certification course, you will be able to articulate:
- The concept of integrated service management in relation to business goals
- The scope, benefits, and key touch points of integrated service management in respect to how ITSM, Lean, Agile, DevOps, and organisational change management practices collectively revitalise your service management initiative, enable process acceleration, reduce risk, lower costs, and deliver customer value
- The differences in perspective and focus of a technology versus a service outcome-focused organisation
- The core service management life cycle stages and processes and how they are enabled or modified by other models such as Agile and DevOps
- The core elements of Lean thinking, value stream mapping, and process improvement
- Agile project management practices, including Scrum roles and processes
- How the principles and automated practices of continuous delivery, integration, and deployment improve speed to value and reduce risk
- The key principles of 'DevOps – The Full Stack' in respect to improved collaboration, continuous delivery, and automation
- How organisational change management practices can be applied to achieve success with major cultural transformations
Who should attend
This course is designed for those seeking to better understand how several key best practices and methodologies can be integrated to elevate business value by delivering IT services better, faster, and cheaper.
There is no prerequisite for this course. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
Exam & Certification
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to Enabling Integrated Service Management Essentials™ with DevOps, Agile & Lean certification. The exam is completed through Professional Designations Corp.
- This is a 1 hour, closed book exam
- 40 multiple- choice questions -
- A passing score of 65% (26/40) is required.
- The exam is completed online using a webcam and internet connection.
Course Material & Inclusions
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day (valued at $50), this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
Enabling Integrated Service Management Essentials™ with DevOps, Agile & Lean online exam voucher
A complimentary exam re-sit if you miss out on passing your certification the first time.
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon passing your certification exam.
SFIA Skills and Industry Accreditation
After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDU's through PMI. A letter of attendance is available upon request.
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- METL: Methods and tools
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
An amazing instructor who explained the content very clearly and at a very good pace. This was a good balance and approach to learning in a three day intensive period. I found the worked examples very practical and very relatable to the Defence industry sector I work in.
Really good facilitation, kept me interested and shared so many practical applications.
Gave me a better understanding of concepts, theories and tools to formalise and improve my current relationship management.
The instructor was very professional and was able to explain each area thoroughly and is available for Q&A.