Service Integration and Management (SIAM) is a methodology used to manage multiple service providers and to integrate them seamlessly to provide a single business-facing IT organisation. This SIAM™ Foundation certification covers themes such as: potential benefits as well as the challenges and risks of implementing Service Integration and Management.
With your Self-Paced Online Course, you receive:
- Access to 8 lessons of our SIAM Foundation course (2.5 hours of instructor-led video content)
- 24/7 availability for 6-months
- Downloadable PDF's, including course presentation
- Mid course quizzes with immediate online correction
- 1 x sample examination
- Official SIAM Foundation online exam voucher from EXIN, the global examination provider
- A free exam re-sit if you fail the exam the first time
- Instructor assistance is available via email
The SIAM™ certification also includes examples of implementation structures, governance, tooling and data considerations and the common processes used in a SIAM ecosystem. A candidate who successfully completes the SIAM™ Foundation knows how Service Integration and Management delivers business value and is able to contribute to the implementation and use of SIAM in an organisation.
Service Integration and Management (SIAM) also has a synonym: multi-sourcing integration (MSI). Within the scope of this certification, only the term Service Integration and Management is used.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental concepts of Service Integration and an understanding of bringing together multiple service providers to strive for a common goal, in order to support the client organisations’ agreed objectives for service delivery.
At the end of your SIAM Foundation course, candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- Understand the main concepts and processes of SIAM that are used in organisations
- Establish a SIAM ecosystem in order to better organise the organisation's resources
- Provide better support during a SIAM implementation by understanding the main considerations for the most important processes
- Reduce risks associated with Integrated Services and the SIAM ecosystem
- Connect different practices with SIAM to boost and improve the organisation’s service provision.
- Integrate services by using different structures based on SIAM practices and methodology
- Recognise the key stages of SIAM implementation in order to better plan its roll-out
- Determine SIAM roles and responsibilities in processes and the organisation
- Better select the most appropriate SIAM practices in line with the organisation’s environment and maturity.
Who should attend
This certification is aimed at professionals worldwide who have an interest in the practices of Service Integration and Management or that want to implement this methodology in an organisation, in particular those professionals who are already working with IT Service Management processes. Furthermore, this SIAM™ certification is intended for providers that want to implement and manage Service Integration and Management models.
The following roles could be interested in this module:
- Chief Strategy Officers (CSOs)
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technical Officers (CTOs)
- Service Managers
- Service Provider Portfolio Strategists/Leads
- Process Managers
- Project Managers
- Change Managers
- Service Level Managers
- Business Relationship Managers
- Program Managers
- Supplier Managers
- Service Architects
- Process Architects
- Business Change Practitioners and
- Organisational Change Practitioners
There are no specific pre-requisites for entry to the examination; however it is strongly recommended that candidates have good knowledge of IT Service Management terminology, for instance through a recognised IT Service Management framework.
Exam & Certification
The EXIN SIAM™ Foundation exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the terminology and the core principles of SIAM. This certification covers subjects including the potential benefits, challenges, and risks of implementing Service Integration and Management.
This course prepares you for the closed-book, 60 minute, 40 question exam leading to the SIAM™ Foundation Certification. This exam is administered by EXIN. You must attain a passing mark of 65% (24 marks) to be awarded the certificate.
Course Material & Inclusions
Access to your own online learning portal for 6-months to work through the course materials and prepare for the examination. This course is delivered via downloadable resources, practice exam and quizzes and 2.5 hours of instructor-video content.
Our instructor is available via email for further assistance, questions or clarification.
SIAM Foundation online exam voucher
A free SIAM Foundation exam re-sit if you miss out on passing your certification the first time, provided upon a 'failed' exam result
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon passing your certification exam.
SFIA Skills & Industry Accreditation
After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDU's through PMI. A certificate of attendance is available upon request.
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- METL: Methods and Tools
- RLMT: Stakeholder Relationship Management
- SLMO: Service Level Management
- SUPP: Supplier Management
- ITMG: Technology Service Management
- SINT: Systems Integration and build
- OCDV: Organisational Capability Development
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.
An amazing instructor who explained the content very clearly and at a very good pace. This was a good balance and approach to learning in a three day intensive period. I found the worked examples very practical and very relatable to the Defence industry sector I work in.
Really good facilitation, kept me interested and shared so many practical applications.
Gave me a better understanding of concepts, theories and tools to formalise and improve my current relationship management.
The instructor was very professional and was able to explain each area thoroughly and is available for Q&A.