This 1-day instructor-led NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP) Awareness course is an introductory level which is non-examinable. Candidates will achieve the NCSP® Digital Business Risk Awareness Certificate.
The course takes candidates on a journey to understand how the ever-changing cyber threat landscape impacts an organisation's ability to secure the value of its digital business services.
This course is the first in a series of NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP) training courses designed to help organisations create a culture-driven, adaptive, cyber-resilient enterprise capable of creating, protecting and delivering business value.
Course Overview & Learning Outcomes
The Awareness course covers the following topics:
Digital Transformation: Becoming Digital
- Basics of Digital Transformation
- Becoming Digital
- Cyber Security & Digital Transformation
- DX & the Framework
- Digital Transformation
Understanding Cyber Risks
- Cyber Risk Equation
- Cyber Risk Components
- Basics of Cyber Risk Assessment
- Understanding Cyber Risks
NIST Cyber Security Framework Fundamentals
- NIST-CSF Overview
- Framework Core, Tiers & Profiles
- NIST CSF Fundamentals
Who should attend
- Executives seeking to further understand digital business, digital business risk and how the NIST Cybersecurity Framework can help manage those risks and ensure improved governance.
- Organisations of all sizes seeking to begin changing the cybersecurity culture within an organisation enabling employees to understand why and how digital business and associated cybersecurity risk materialises and what can be done about it.
- Individual students seeking to enter the NCSP® training program.
There are no pre-requisites for this Awareness course
Course Material & Inclusions
Material for this course will be provided by TSO (The Stationary Office) and can be viewed on a variety of devices.
A practical guide to "Adopting the NIST Cyber Security Framework" eBook
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day, this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
A certificate of attendance + membership to our LinkedIn community.
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon completion of your course.
An amazing instructor who explained the content very clearly and at a very good pace. This was a good balance and approach to learning in a three day intensive period. I found the worked examples very practical and very relatable to the Defence industry sector I work in.
Really good facilitation, kept me interested and shared so many practical applications.
Gave me a better understanding of concepts, theories and tools to formalise and improve my current relationship management.
The instructor was very professional and was able to explain each area thoroughly and is available for Q&A.