Who should attend
This course is aimed at individuals in management and service management roles who have a responsibility for the above noted practices as well as individuals who want to acquire the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation.
Roles may include:
- Customer/User Experience (CX) Managers/Designers
- Account Managers
- Service Delivery Managers
- Service Level Managers
- Enterprise/Service and Solution Architects
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Supplier Relationship Managers
- Vendor Managers
- Contract Managers
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course, click here.
Exam & Certification
- The exam is administered by PeopleCert.
- The exam is 90 minutes in duration, includes 40 multiple-choice questions and is administered online by an independent examination body. Participants are provided with an exam voucher so they can schedule the exam at their convenience on any date after completion of the course.
- A passing mark of 70% is required to receive certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
Course Material & Inclusions
This course comes with access to Pink Elephant’s e-materials. These materials are made available to students prior to attending the course and for 30 days following the course. The e-materials include:
- Course workbooks/slideshow for students to download, or view on laptop or tablet devices
- Official AXELOS ITIL practice exams
- Course reference and exam guidance materials
- Comprehensive study guide to assist with exam preparation
Our virtual instructor-led classes include a $25 lunch voucher for each day (valued at $75), this means you can get your lunch organised whether you do it from home or the office. The voucher is provided via email on the first morning of the course.
ITIL 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT online exam voucher plus a complimentary exam re-sit is included if you miss out on passing your examination the first time. (exam re-sit included for our virtual instructor-led classes only)
A digital badge you can share with your network of your course achievement will be provided via email upon completion of your course.
- Understand the concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demands it places on IT:
- Learn when the transformation to high-velocity IT is desirable and feasible
- Understand the digital product life cycle in terms of the ITIL ”operating model“
- Understand the importance of the ITIL guiding principles and the other fundamental concepts for delivering high-velocity IT
- Discover how to contribute to achieving value with digital products
- Learn how the service provider ensures valuable investments are achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures fast deployment is achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures resilient operations are achieved
- Learn how the service provider ensures co-created value is achieve
- Learn how the service provider ensures assured conformance is achieved
You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
This course enables participants to develop their knowledge and proficiency in the following Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA®) professional skills:
- METL: Methods and tools
- RLMT: Relationship Management
- ITMG: IT Management
- SEAC: Service Acceptance
This list gives the core SFIA skills covered by the course. Elements relevant to other SFIA skills may also be included to a lesser depth. Proficiency in a SFIA skill is measured by performance assessment and is achieved through actual substantial use of that skill in a real-world situation over some time. In course assignments and exercises undertaken through a course can demonstrate elements of the relevant skills which can then be further developed back in the workplace. Acquiring new skills and building on existing skills, ideally occurs within the context of an agreed development plan for each person that ensures that their personal circumstances, strengths and development needs are met.